• Implementation of the Memorandum of
Understanding (MOU) form and Agency Profile
• 21 AOK Network Members signed MOU’s
completed Agency profile forms
• Developed Levels of AOK Membership &
(i.e. Communication and Core Network member)
• Provided a Workforce Development
on the following:
° Service Provider Database (SPD)
° KIDS (Kindergarten Individual
° Early Childhood Mental Health
• 3,330 Developmental Screenings were
the Local Interagency Council (LIC) Coordinator
from various providers in Kane County.
• Developed a Developmental Screening
form to track all providers that report screenings
to the LIC coordinator on a monthly basis.
• Implemented 3 Learning Collaborative
Forums among key community groups and school
districts to exchange best practices for their
efforts surrounding kindergarten readiness.
• Conducted a Survey Monkey past
about the effectiveness of the Early Childhood
forums. 8 out of 10 reported that it the forums
were very informative.
• Collaborated with SPARK to facilitate
Readiness Parent Conversations” in Aurora. • Collaborated with EPEL to
Readiness in Elgin at the Mayor’s Summit.
• Provided five opportunities for
Parent Cafés, COFI
leadership training and Parent Café Hosting
• Developed an Elgin Parent Empowerment
(EPEG) to share their stories about how parent
café and/or COFI training has impacted their lives.
Mental Health &
• AOK Network members displayed their
Children’s Mental Health Awareness month by
wearing green and signing the “we support
National Children’s Mental Health Awareness”
Pictures of the event and children’s mental health
resources were posted on the website.
• Distributed information about adding
mental health resources in the Kane County
Community Resource Guide.
• Identified 10 Child Care Centers
northern, central, and southern Kane County to
adopt childhood obesity guidelines from Making
Kane County Fit for Kids as an evidence based
• Conducted a pre-evaluation of the
Centers to assess a baseline for their nutritional
environment using the Nutritional Environmental
Audit Tool for Child Care Settings.
• Provided opportunities for Network
receive mini grants to address childhood obesity.
1 Network member was a receipt of the grant for
the Aurora Early Learning Center.
|• Created a new
innovative community outreach
project that involve the participation of hair salons
and barber shops as partner with the Circle of
Wise Women initiative.
• 6 Hair Salons and Barber shops are
• Created pre and post evaluation forms
positive perception, awareness, and attitude
before and after an event.
• Conduct SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses,
Opportunities, and Threats) post events to
improve the quality and effectiveness of