Fees and Permits 
Food Service
Main Page
Kane County Environmental Health Services
1240 N. Highland Ave., Aurora, IL 60506
1750 Grandstand Place, Elgin, IL 60123
Environmental Health
Main Page
Two options for paying food permit fees
with a major credit card

Both methods are subject to a convenience fee
Pay online:   CLICK HERE
Pay by phone:   Call   1-800-272-9829
You'll need to enter our Jurisdiction Code: 2311
If you pay online, your permit application paperwork must still be completed
and submitted to the Health Department.
See forms below:
Food Service Fees, Forms & Guidelines:
2015 Food Fees for Kane County Health Department
Note:  * denotes an online fillable pdf form to email
            the rest are pdf files to print, fill out, mail
2015 Food Handling/Food Service:
* Food Handling Permit Online Application
  fillable pdf form to complete and email
Food Handling Permit Application 2015
  pdf file to print, fill out, mail
    Info on how to submit this fillable form 
Establishment Classifications/Categories 2015
Food Permit Fee Waiver Petition 2015
Food Service Construction Requirements, Eighth Edition  46 page pdf file 
Food Service Establishment Plan Review & Ventilation Plan Review Forms
Mobile Vending:
Mobile Vending Unit Application 2015
Mobile Vending-Food Truck Requirements
Non-Mobile Food Units - Requirements
Push Carts Requirements
Seasonal Food Handling Permit Application 2015
Temporary Food Service:
*Temporary Food Service Online Application/Permit
   fillable pdf form to complete and email
Temporary Food Service Application/Permit 2015
  pdf file to print, fill out, mail
Temporary Permit Waiver Petition 2015
Please submit minimum of 14 days prior to temporary event to allow adequate time for review
Temporary Food Service Establishment Regulations
Food Handling Guidelines:
Boil Order Procedures for Food Establishments
Cottage Food Industry Guidelines & Application
Farmers' Markets & Other Outdoor Food Sales Guidelines
Guidelines for Door-to-Door Sales
Guidelines for Safe Handling of Beverages, including water, ice & dispensers
2015 Fee Schedule for Kane County Health Dept. Environmental Services
   Includes fees for:
     Private Sewage
     Water Well Permits
     Non-community Water Program
     Tanning Program
     Mortgage Survey
     Lead Investigation
     Ceremonial Fire 
Ceremonial Fire Permit Application
Private Sewage Disposal System (Septic) Application
State of Illinois Application for Permit to Construct, Modify or Abandon a Water Well
Visit our Environmental Health Main Page
for information about the programs requiring permits and fees
Kane County Environmental
Health Services

1240 N. Highland Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506

Make checks payable to:
Kane County Health Department
For Food Service Ordinances, Codes, Training, and Safety Information:
for our main Food Service Page
Kane Health & Sanitation Ordinance
Open Sign