How can my organization help make Kane County tobacco free?
The Kane County Tobacco Control Coalition was formed in January 2019 to address tobacco use and vaping within Kane County. The efforts of the coalition are focused on:
- Policy change and advocacy efforts including strengthening school tobacco codes to include e-cigarettes and passing local smoke-free policies
- Protecting the health of non-smokers.
- Promoting a tobacco-free community by providing education, coordination, advocacy, and support of tobacco control activities.
- Advocating for policy change to protect our outdoor spaces from tobacco litter.
- Increasing utilization of cessation resources in the community, and promoting the use of the Illinois Tobacco Quitline.
- Increasing awareness of youth e-cigarette use including providing education to youth and parents and offering resources
The Kane County Tobacco Control Coalition meets bi-monthly and welcomes representatives from organizations in Kane County with the common goal of improving the health and environment of our community. The Tobacco Control Coalition strives for a group of individuals that reflect our community or advocate on behalf of a population.
If you would like to learn more on how to become a member, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Smoke-Free Kane County Homepage