All Our Kids (AOK) Networks are community-based collaborations that include representatives from all sectors who share a common interest in helping families with young children get the best start in life. In order to accomplish this, families need strong communities where everyone is coming together to collaborate towards this common goal.
The All Our Kids Early Childhood Networks initiative (AOK Networks) was launched in 1999. This initiative is a collaborative effort between the Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Early Childhood and Division of Family and Community Services, the Maternal Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting program (MIECHV), Illinois State Board of Education, local health departments, and local agencies serving pregnant women, children birth to five and their parent/caregivers. It is the most comprehensive, long-standing, community-based systems development initiative in the State of Illinois. Click here to learn more.
We are a network of dedicated partners who work together to strengthen young children and their families. By working together we are able to change local system of services. These system changes generates better outcomes for children and their families. Outcomes such as:
- Ensuring families have the opportunity to receive the services they need
- Ensuring families experience coordinated services
- Parents are involved as partners in creating better system of services and supports
- Families experience equity in the services they are receiving or offered
- Families are engaged in services and supports that are high quality
Download our Brochure